Sunday, April 5, 2020

BOOK REVIEW- Lone Wolf Lawman (Appaloosa Pass Ranch Book 1) by Delores Fossen *


 A Texas Ranger must protect the daughter of a serial killer from becoming his next victim…

Breaking into the home of the woman who shared his bed three months ago isn't Weston Cade's usual MO. But the Texas Ranger is on a personal vendetta to catch a killer, and Addie Crockett is the man's biological daughter. The beautiful rancher also happens to be carrying Wes's child…

Addie can't remember her birth father, but she'll never forget the lover who took her to bed—and then disappeared. Now she has to trust Wes with her life. And the life of their unborn baby. As desire reignites, Addie quickly discovers that with this lawman by her side, she just might escape the target on her back.    AMAZON LINK
     4 STARS

 The book blurb caught my attention and helped me decide to read this book.  I found that it was  good mystery story with a touch of romance.  Why just a touch of romance?  Because they were really busy running for their lives.  There was plenty of action, red-herrings and emotions in this book.  Which makes for a lot of twists and turns too.  Even after getting an inkling of suspicion about one person in particular, that didn't really help .  Because I was never sure when there would another attack, how it would come about and if there would be other people drafted into it.  Although I was pretty sure other people would be helping their enemy.
There was good secondary people in the story, mainly some of Addie's brothers.  Their main actions was them kicking into protective mode rather than digging real deep into their own personal stories.  But it looks like they will get their own stories in other books in this series. 
I did enjoy the story and many threads were brought to conclusion, except one of the main ones.  I did find that disappointing until I realized that yes, in the books in the series, the hunt continues. Even though I was disappointed with that, to me it still deserved the 4 Stars I'm giving it on Amazon.  Just for keeping me on the edge of my seat.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment