Wednesday, April 15, 2020

BOOK REVIEW- Hidden Princess (The Elements #1) by M.A. Roth


If you like Graceling by Kristin Cashore or Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder, then the world of Saskia will entertain you for hours.

Book Details

How do you choose who lives and who dies?


I’ve been kidnapped and taken to another world, at least that’s what it feels like. This place is strange, the people stranger and I’m struggling to ignore the feelings I have for my captor.

That is until I find my missing mother, who is safe and well with my ‘father’ a man I’ve never known, and he is the king of this world.

I’m struggling with it all, and to add to this madness I’m told I’m powerful, and that magic exists in this place.

This place that I’m destined to rule, this place that I start to love, until I’m forced to make a choice between who lives and who dies.

Every decision I make has a price, everyone I love is put at risk, and I’m not sure that I will walk away intact.  AMAZON LINK
     5 + STARS


This story grabbed me from the start and never let me go. And the world building was outstanding.  So was the magical skills that are shown throughout.  There is also plenty of other action as well.  Tense drama continues from different avenues. 
Sarajane is surrounded by so many secrets and she has no idea on how deep they run.  And no one is in a hurry to explain anything to her either.  There are just keeping too many secrets.  They keep her in the dark  when it comes to answering the simplest questions and then wonder why she is ticked?   That had me shaking my head.  
Sarajane's mother has kept a whole world of information from her (pun intended).   And Morrick?  Yeah, I wanted to punch him in the throat a few times myself.  He may be a king but he gives Sarajane a hard time.  Several times he accused her of causing a situation when all the time HE was the one that put HER in the WHOLE situation. 
There were several other interesting people in the story.  Tristan is the one that was the hardest one to figure out in the beginning.   Was he a good guy, a bad guy or something in the middle?  It did keep things interesting. 
Alana is a woman with some unappreciated skills that don't get due attention until she meets Sarajane.  But they don't hit it off at first though.  
I liked the teasing and brotherhood that took place between Neve and Kiar.  In between the fighting they did relieve some of the tensions  with their humor. 
I do wish it had all ended in this one book but now I'm hooked.  Bring on the next one, hopefully this particular evil will be vanquished in the next book.   More adventure and it had better be as  good as this 5+ star story. 


 "I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”

No comments:

Post a Comment