Thursday, January 7, 2016

How to Keep What God Has Given You-G. Cooke

photo-1450849608880-6f787542c88a
Today is my final post in a series about abiding in the Spirit of God, as revealed to us in the fruit of the Spirit. By clicking these links, you can read parts onetwo and three.

In the Kingdom, everything we can receive from God is meant to be given away.4

As we learn the process of how to be transformed, we understand the key principle in becoming: Whatever we experience in Christ is established in us as we release it to others.1 Keep something to ourselves and it dissipates over time. If you constantly give it away, it flows back in greater measure (Luke 6:38).
That fascinates me on a relational level. Liberating others with what God has given me actually increases the gift in me and produces another upgrade to give away.1
In the past, I took all my emotional cues from what was happening in my circumstances or from the attitudes of the world around me, rather than the Kingdom within. Believe me, it did not work. I’m sure it was a relief to everyone as I began to learn that my reality came from the internal Christ.
Because God is allocating His nature towards me constantly, I can be proactive in how I relate to people rather than just going from reaction to reaction. You and I can allocate God’s nature in advance!
There have been many times when I have gone into situations with a guarded, pessimistic, negative, hostile, offense-minded, pugnacious approach. A “don’t let them beat you down” or a “make sure you have your say” kind of attitude. The result of that approach was then pre-programmed by my disposition. I reaped what I sowed.
TO READ THE REST OF THIS GO HERE-   LINK

     

No comments:

Post a Comment