Saturday, January 9, 2016

BOOK REVIEW- ZARA


BOOK #2 Double Helix Women Book 2
The alpha empath, Danyael Sabre, languishes in a maximum-security prison. His life sentence should spell emotional freedom for the assassin, Zara Itani, but true to her contrary nature, she travels the solitary and hazardous path from hate to love even though it is far too late for her and Danyael. 
Meanwhile in her hometown of Beirut, international political conspiracy simmers on the brink of renewed military conflict. Zara’s loyalties will be tested; her beliefs challenged. She could start a war, or she could stop it. 
Tell me who you love and I will tell you who you are.... 
Zara will finally discover who she is, but what will it cost Danyael this time?   AMAZON

Intense. Moving. Conspiracies. Violence. Lots of Action. Friendships. Enemies. Love.
All of those words describe some of the elements of this book. Zara is both likable and at times not so much. She's a 
complicated woman and doesn't suffer fools gladly. She has a hair trigger temper and would rather shoot first and ask questions later. And there are some times that is exactly what she does. That doesn't mean that she is a stupid woman but she IS well armed. She is loyal to friends but she's also really confused about her relationship with Danyael. She hates him, she hates him not. Like I said, she's confused but even when she hates him, she can't seem to forget him either. And wow, did Danyael ever suffer in prison. It was gritty, realistic and at times it was kind of hard to take but then I'm a sissy. All in all, a well written story, there are good secondary people who add to the story. This story finishes many things here but also there will need to be more adventures to complete at least one thing left hanging. And no I'm not telling what that is, I don't want to ruin the suspense in this story.

Tell me who you love and I will tell you who you are.... (I love that phrase and it wasn't over used).
Kudos on the choice for the cover of the book, I liked it too.

I received a copy of this book from the author, so I'm giving an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment