Saturday, June 27, 2020

BOOK REVIEW- TWWINED SHADOW (The Shadow Series #1) by Candice Bundy



I, Becka Rowan, live in a time of uneasy peace. A fragile truce stands between humans, shifters, and the fae-touched—those who turn inward to their Houses for loyalty and protection and live in isolation from the outside world.
For an ungifted like me, that’s impossible to do.
Born of the fae but not blessed with their powers, I’ve grown up as an outcast within the human world. Humans don’t trust people like me with fae heritage, and the fae don’t bother with the ungifted. I said screw it and embraced college, determined to make my own fate.
Just when I thought I could start a prestigious internship and continue my quest to address interspecies conflict, someone murdered my twin sister, an adept illusionist and heir to our family lineage.
So, I’m going back home to say goodbye. Back to House Rowan. I take a deep breath, knowing after a short few days I’ll return to the city, free again from the melodrama of the House I was raised in.
There’s just one hitch in my plan—Quinn, a fae-touched member of the Enforcer’s Guild assigned to investigate the killing. Quinn doesn’t let the typical fae prejudices against the ungifted prevent him from staying close to me. Uncomfortably close. Besides, he needs my help to figure out what happened to my sister.
How can I refuse?  AMAZON LINK
        5 +STARS



INTENSE, is one good way to describe this book. 
INSANE..and insanely good is another way to describe it. 
Awesome World building definitely fits as well. 
Complex people in the story, a lot of them with so many rigid rules. 
It didn't take me long to become "Team Becka" all the way! Becka went through quite the struggle to find herself.   She had so much disapproval to go through and it wasn't over yet.  But now she refuses to let others take that uniqueness, that freedom away from her.  Becka had learned to be very direct after being in the human world.  She despised all the drama that seemed to be a essential part of the Fae world. 
Quinn, Quinn, What are you up to?  Can you be trusted?  One minute I thought, yes and then another moment I wasn't so sure.  He definitely keeps everyone on their toes.  Especially Becka who so WANTS to fully trust him.  
The action, mysteries, plots and dangers kept me on the edge of my seat.    The emotions are well done here especially Becka's grief over her twin sister's murder.  But brace yourself that's not the only emotions flowing in this book.  
Many questions are answered here but there is also a MAJOR threat revealed that had been hidden for a very long time.  That adventure continues in Book 2, "Poisoned Shadow" and I'm ready to read on!


 "I voluntarily read and reviewed a copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”


No comments:

Post a Comment