Saturday, June 20, 2020

BOOK REVIEW- Maneuver (Men of Inked: Southside Book 1) by Chelle Bliss *


 This isn't how fairy tales typically begin, but it's where mine starts...

No money, no phone, and abandoned on the streets of Chicago.



With my baby in my arms, I wander into a bar in a shady neighborhood and ask to use their phone.

When my father turns us away and completely disowns me, the bar owner, and total hottie, offers us a place to stay...no strings attached.

I'm leery at first.
Hot alpha guy.


Down on her luck single mother.

I mean, who wouldn't be?

Lucio Gallo isn't like most men, though. He's fiercely protective, loyal, and did I mention he's covered in nothing but muscle?

Above all else, he's everything I need but never knew I wanted.   AMAZON LINK
                                   4 STARS

The Gallos from Chicago are one unique family.  Dysfunctional in so many ways but also so good in a lot of ways too.  They gather Delilah into their group like a long lost relative and her baby, Lulu as well.  I liked the whole family. Their mother was one interesting person all on her own too.
Lucio was a really great M.C. who has a big heart and loves hard.  When he opens up his heart that is.  And Delilah and her daughter  surprise him by walking  right into his heart really quickly.  I enjoyed how this gentle giant was so sweet and loving with both of them.  The interactions between Lucio and Lulu were so sweet and tender.  Even the way he was with Delilah was his way of cherishing her.  That was something she had never encountered ever in her life.
And yes the language will be adult at times.  And Delilah is a hot mess at first as she finds her feet with Lucio's help.  They do get to the point where they have hot sex as well.  I felt like that could have been written a little less of  but it was well written too. 
It was interesting to watch Delilah get stronger with a strength she never knew she had. It wasn't just Lucio that helped her find it but also the need to do whatever she had to do to have her daughter come first.  Lucio, Delilah and the Gallo family were all on the same page when it came to loving and protecting the baby. 
It all comes together in the end with an Epilogue which I always enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment