Monday, September 2, 2019

BOOK REVIEW- CONSTANT RISK by Janie Crouch



The hunters
Become the hunted.

Deputy Tanner Dempsey and Bree Daniels are tasked with unraveling a deadly mystery in Dallas—one that involves transmitting live feeds of victims trapped in tanks as they fill with water. Bree’s computer genius is their only hope at solving the crime.
Knowing the darkness in Bree’s past, Tanner is determined to make sure she comes out of this emotionally unscathed. Especially once they both become a killer’s next target…
AMAZON LINK
                         5+ STARS                                                                                                             

 How does this author keep doing it?  This series just keeps getting better and better.  Or maybe I should say high quality all the time.  The intensity and plots are off the charts great!  Again! I'm not generally super-quick to rate a book 5 Stars or 5+ stars but I've been running across some excellent books and this one is definitely one of those!
I liked that the author started the book out with a cast of characters list.  A good review for me since I've read a few of the books in this series a while back.  Also it should really help new readers I think.
I find it difficult to do a review without spoiling it by saying too much. So, just let me say a few things.  Still love Tanner and Bree.   Tanner is so in love with her; protective without hedging in her in too tight.  I like how he loves her "big brain" and sees it as an important part of who she is.  Bree has a nickname for Tanner that brings a smile.  And she observes that although he might not understand all of the computer speak, he sure understands her.  Bree's people skill has improved a tiny, tiny bit but made her all the more endearing.
There is plenty of action, danger and surprises in the story.  As well as good secondary people in the story too.
 I have to say I don't know how this author comes up with all this stuff but I'm glad she does.
The ending was exquisite in it's justice.
  “I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment