Wednesday, July 27, 2016

THE COOL OF THE DAY- KATHI PELTON


"The Cool of the Day"
Kathi Pelton

Each day. as I wake up, I spend time listening for the voice of my Beloved to speak. As I waited this morning, I felt a cool breeze and heard the words,

"I am meeting you in the cool of the day."

As I heard these words I immediately felt a refreshing come upon my soul that caused me to breathe deep.

As this happened I thought of the verse in Genesis where God is walking through the garden "in the cool of the day". In that context we find Adam and Eve hiding from the Lord because of their disobedience.

"Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden." (Genesis 3:8)

But God was walking through the beautiful garden He created, enjoying the cool of the day and with expectancy to share time with His precious son and daughter. But they were no where to be found.

Today, I could feel the Lord walking through the garden of His sons' and daughters' lives and He was releasing the atmosphere of "the cool of the day". He is blowing on these gardens.

I sensed that some of His children were hiding from Him because of shame, fear or even sin. But He was calling them to come out of every place of hiding because He wanted to refresh them, cool them and restore them to intimate relationship with Him.

"Until the cool of the day when the shadows flee away, I will go my way to the mountain of myrrh and to the hill of frankincense."
(Song of Solomon 4:6)

Myrrh symbolizes bitterness, suffering and affliction while frankincense is a symbol of holiness and righteousness. Many sons and daughters have been going through a time of myrrh (bitterness, suffering and affliction) that has left them feeling exhausted and like a garden that has been unwatered and overheated by the scorching circumstances they have been facing. Some are even hiding, feeling a sense of shame due to this season of myrrh that they have been in. But God has come with the frankincense of His holiness and righteousness in order to restore you, refresh you, to water you and to blow upon the garden of your life.

“You are a garden fountain, a well of flowing water streaming down from Lebanon. Awake, north wind, and come, south wind! Blow on my garden, that its fragrance may spread everywhere. Let my beloved come into his garden and taste its choice fruits.”
(Song of Solomon 4:15-16)

We are living in days of myrrh and yet in the midst of this God invites us to walk with Him in the cool of the day to refresh us, cool us and revive us with His Spirit of overcoming and love.

Allow God to blow on your garden. Let Him revive you with His fountain and streaming water. Eat of His refreshing fruit and let the wind of His Spirit cool you once again. He has carried the myrrh for you and pours frankincense over you to clothe you with His holiness and righteousness.

Now, go walk with Him in the cool of the day and be refreshed!   LINK

www.inscribeministries.com

To receive more important Words sent daily to your Inbox, Subscribe to the Elijah List at this link:http://www.elijahlist.com/subscribe/fb.html

No comments:

Post a Comment