Tuesday, November 3, 2020

BOOK REVIEW- Penthouse Prince by Kendall Ryan *

   

**A delicious new single dad standalone romance from New York Times bestseller Kendall Ryan!

Lexington Dane was my brother's best friend growing up.

We did everything together.

He taught me how to throw a punch, how to change a tire…and he taught me how to kiss. I fell hard and fast, and gave him all my firsts.

I promised I'd wait for him…

But I'm done waiting, because he went off to college and never came back. He took his fancy business degree and moved to New York City, where he promptly became a real estate mogul-turning every penthouse and apartment project he touched into gold.

It's been ten years, and now he's back and needs a favor…someone to watch his little girl. That's right, the cocky penthouse prince and heartbreaker extraordinaire Lexington is back with an adorable two-year-old daughter. Guess who he wants to watch her?

I've never been able to say no to him. I might agree to be the nanny for his precious little angel, but there's no way in hell I'm falling for her hot-as-sin daddy.**  AMAZON LINK

3 STARS

This was a charming, sweet, emotional, love lost and re-gained story.  

We get to read both of the main characters points of view, which is something that I like. 
Both had quite a history before things blew up when he went to college.  Ten years without a peep from him?  Immature much?  But he has grown a lot and having his delightful daughter Grier has helped him get there too.  Even though he had treated  Corrigan, so poorly in the past, it was easy to like him over time.

The slow pace of the story was kind of hard for me. It also had continual re-hashing of the past by both of the main characters.  That did make it hard for me to keep my interest up.

 There is a H.E.A. with an included Epilogue.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment