Monday, January 23, 2017

BOOK REVIEW- PAYBACK by Fern Michaels ( Book 2 Sisterhood)

Payback (Sisterhood Book 2) by [Michaels, Fern]
Meet the Sisterhood--seven very different women who found one another in their darkest days and formed an indelible friendship, strong enough to heal their pasts and bring laughter and joy back into their lives. In Myra Rutledge's beautiful, Virginia home, amid hugs and fresh iced tea, shrimp fritters and shell-pink tulips, the friends have gathered to embark on their second mission of sweet revenge for one of their own. Julia Webster's husband, a U.S. Senator, has used his wife's graciousness and elegance to advance his career even as he's abused her trust at every turn and left her dreams for the future in tatters. Now, on the eve of his greatest political victory, he's about to learn a serious lesson in payback. Because the senator crossed the wrong woman. . .and there are six more where she came from. AMAZON   4.5 STARS



Really liked this one.  Kept me on the edge of my seat, most of the time; wondering what was going to happen next.  This is the first book I've read of the series    I thought about reading the Book #1 but I got turned off on it because of what reviewers had said about one of the forms of "revenge" that took place in it.  But I decided to take a chance on this one and I was really glad I did.  Great characters, great plot, suspense, twists, turns and loving friendships as well.  That loving friendship, would be the "Sisters" of course.  Myra Rutledge, was quite the "character" all on her own.  She is not only the Lead Lady of the group but her side kick/ companion/ love, Charles, has a lot of skills, brains and contacts.  Each one of the Sisters, is unique and has skills that they can add to the missions that they take part in.  Each has their story that needs to find justice for.  So I will be reading more of the stories, I'm looking forward to it.  
 The only thing I didn't like was the talking with a dead person part of the story.  One good thing is that it didn't take up much of this story.  I would say that this is a +18 years old story for sure.  Something I probably really didn't need to say, if anyone really read the title and book blurb. I liked how the story ended, not sure I could say that it is a H.E.A. kind of story but it was completed.  With the door wide open to new adventures should you choose to follow.  I think I will.  
I noticed some people thought it was too far out there to be believable.  OK, my thought was, "Hey its fiction, have fun with it"  

No comments:

Post a Comment