Monday, October 21, 2019

BOOK REVIEW- Her Surprise Protector by J. P. Comeau *



Book Details

Yeah, he’s sexy as hell...

Washboard ads, bulging biceps, and an irresistible smile.

But underneath he’s just a filthy rich billionaire with an attitude.

And I’m only a single mom frightened by my ex.

Then it happens.

My ex attacks me in the yard of my beachside home.

He hears my scream and runs to protect my little girl and me.

Now, he’s offering to provide security 24/7.

Why?

I’m not sure.

Is it his way of apologizing for being rude…

Or something more?

Can I trust another man with my heart and the safety of my child?

What can a gorgeous billionaire possibly want with me
…that he doesn’t already have?    AMAZON LINK 
                                                        3 STARS

This book has a slower pace to it and more of a getting to know you friendship at first.  Although when the main characters Elena and Riker first met, he was more of an angry man kind of person. But he was also a hurting man, and that surliness showed up when two misunderstandings cropped up.  But that isn't his true personality so that didn't last very long.

Elena has her own issues but most of them is raising her young daughter Bree, making a living and trying to keep her ex Oscar far away.
I did enjoy the P.O.V's from both Elena and Riker.  It always adds something extra for me when that happens.   I like to read what the people are thinking and feeling.
Overall, I would say that this book was a sweet, charming story with some romance heat but without any huge surprises. 

“I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment