Tuesday, June 5, 2018

BOOK REVIEW- YOU AND ME ENCORE by Alix Nichols


Do you believe that love and humor will save the day?
Then this box set of 3 heartwarming second-chance romances is for you!
Each stands alone and follows a different couple. All 3 are set in Paris.

UNDER MY SKIN — After three years of no contact, up-and-coming politician Mat Gerard has gotten over his crush on sassy barmaid Jeanne Bonnet... Or has he?

PLAYING FOR KEEPS — When amnesiac water-polo coach Lucas hires ex-player Isabelle as a publicist, their passion sends him on a course in which his past and his future collide…

THE DEVIL’S OWN CHLOE — Patient and strong, Hugo prides himself on being able to fix anything. Can his love save his high-school crush Chloe from herself, or will fixing her leave him broken?

Escape to Paris this summer and join 3 couples as they fall in love!     AMAZON  5 STARS


I have read all three of the stories and gave it 5 stars rating because it really is a great collection. Here are my thoughts on each one:
UNDER MY SKIN- I'm still smiling.
I wanted to read this one for quite some time. Having read all the other stories in this series (so far), this one just kept calling to me. For one reason or another I never quite got around to it but put it on my Amazon wishlist. When the author offered me an opportunity to read it; I jumped at the chance. When I got it and started reading I thought, "Oh, please be good, I don't want to be disappointed". I wasn't. I had liked Jeanne from the other books and was glad to get more into her story. Mat had quite the changes when it came to his appearance and confidence. He changed from the "toad" look to a "hunk". The tension between the two of them developed really nicely. I think this story might just be my favorite of all the Bistro La Bohème stories.
On a couple of side notes:
I really liked the song lyrics that Mat listened to, that Cyril had released as a new song. It also helped explain the title of this book. Very appropriate.
The other thing I found interesting is the way each new chapter was listed in the front. Not the usual Chapter 1 or 2 but with Month's or Event Title (but not enough to give it away).

PLAYING FOR KEEPS- Wow, what a way to start a book. And wow, way to start to hate the "hero", well at least the main character Lucas. Wasn't sure how that was going to change. It was interesting how that came about.
I really enjoyed the book and it's probably my favorite of this series so far. The story idea itself I thought was interesting and I'm glad that I didn't regret reading it. It could have gone south but I don't think it did.
I liked how the story unfolded when it came to memories and what Lucas can recover about that past. He's not going to like all of what he finds out.
Isabelle oh yes, a good character and she definitely deserved better than Lucas. Well at least the old Lucas that is.
You know things are going to work out but the road is going to get a little bit rough.
Good Epilogue is included with a surprise twist; a happy surprise.
At the end of the book is a 4 Chapter look into another of her books, "Find You in Paris."
THE DEVIL’S OWN CHLOE -I found this book to be different, quirky, charming and unusual. Part of that quirkiness I think comes from the main character, Chloe. She has some really twisted way of looking at things. That definitely keeps everything interesting. It also helps her go through men like they are water. No strings, no attachments, no real relationships. As I read the story I realized that Hugo was the eternal optimist, and Chloe is the master of doom and Murphy's Law. She's always waiting for the other shoe to drop. Even with all of that, I still really liked her. A lot. And Hugo? What's not to like about him? He's a good guy, in fact he's a great guy. He's never given up on Chloe although at times he doesn't totally understand what makes her tick.
I also have to make mention of there being other interesting secondary people in the story as well.


"I voluntarily read an advanced reader copy of all 3 of these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment