Monday, August 19, 2019

BOOK REVIEW- Temptation (Bad Angels Book 2) by Inara Scott



Description

As close friends and coworkers, attorney Zoe Riva and tech genius Connor Ashton know they can never get involved.
Never.
Ever.
Until a scooter accident lands Zoe in Connor's arms—and his overnight custody—and she starts to see a man she's never seen before. With her career and her heart on the line, Zoe can't afford to take any chances. But when combustible chemistry takes over, even the smartest people in the room can make the biggest of mistakes…
Each book in the Bad Angels series is STANDALONE:  AMAZON LINK
                                                                                                5+ STARS

I think I just fell in love.  No, wait.  I KNOW that I fell in love with this story!!  I'm still kind of reeling from how much I enjoyed it!  It's a keeper! It was quirky and yet so much deeper and different than I was even expecting it to be.  Oh and I don't want to forget to mention that it was also funny at times.  And that picture on the front of the eBook was kind of misleading but in a good way.  Here I was thinking that from the picture Connor was going to be a bad boy biker and possibly a player. Don't get me wrong though, the picture is accurate but my assumptions weren't.   This book just kept bringing me surprise after surprise. 
 The depth of the main characters was excellent.  I liked sassy, spunk, smart, energetic Zoe.  She fought the odds in business and she usually won!   I liked how one friend told a newcomer to the group that if he found himself in court opposite Zoe..run don't walk. He wasn't fully kidding either.  Connor was uncomfortable in social situations and made them as few as possible.  But boy did he have some good qualities though.   
The supporting cast of secondary people kept things interesting.  There was a mix of friends between Connor and Zoe, which KEPT things interesting.   Speaking of that Connor's mother Leticia was not anything like you would expect.   But it explains a lot of why Connor is like how he is.  Leticia and her "gang" of GPG's brought more than one smile as well.  
This is of course an emotional story at times but it ends extremely well.  The Epilogue at the end shows how things are moving forward to the ...H.E.A. 

 “I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment