Thursday, August 15, 2019

BOOK REVIEW- Fast by Gillian Archer *



Description

Family means everything to this tattooed bad boy--good thing since he's about to start his own.
I wanted her the first time I laid eyes on her. But what starts as a fun time, quickly gets serious when the stick turns pink a month later. My life is already chaos with my recently paroled father popping up and the usual drama at the family business building custom motorcycles. Plus our reality show just got picked up for a full season.
But it really hits the fan when I discover that the new woman in my life is the daughter of the President of the West Coast Kings, the baddest motorcycle club in Sacramento--and our biggest client. Think he'll like being called Grandpa?
Life just got hella complicated.
A standalone book in the Burns Brothers series    AMAZON LINK
                                                                                      3 STARS

If you haven't figured it out already this is definitely an adult story.  The language was filled with a whole lot of "F's" which I didn't really enjoy all that much.  So I had to skim over that as best as I could.  Yes, I guess I should have expected some of that but still...

Both Hope and Ryan each share their P.O.V.'s  which was good.  However, maybe I am too old for this story.  Because Hope's naivety was so strong that it almost made my back teeth ache. She's a nice enough girl with a few problems before this deal of getting pregnant.  I did begin to like her better although it didn't feel like her character ever really got that deep. 
Hope and Ryan also had their moments of being awkward with each other.  Let's face it they were attracted to each other but didn't really know each other either. 
Ryan was a whole lot more interesting person. Even with some of his wild ways he was a whole lot mature than Hope.   Of course seeing how he grew up, he had to grow up fast.  It was good to see that his Aunt Wendy and his oldest brother was there to hep him when he was young.  There is a lot of friction between his brother and himself though and Ryan was tired of being seen as the screw up.
Yes, daddy dearest is one huge problem looking for a  place to explode.  Ryan sees that crystal clear but his youngest brother Dylan is getting pulled in.  Both Ryan and Dylan were too young to remember their father but Ryan knew enough about people to get his dad's number. 
 The secondary people in the story are good ones and that includes both Hope and Ryan's families.  
Things hit the fan in an unexpected way towards the end but the conclusion was a good one.  Things are dealt with all except what to do about Ryan's dad, who I think of as "Daddy Dearest".  I'm thinking that will probably happen in another book.

 “I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”


 

No comments:

Post a Comment