Tuesday, July 30, 2019

BOOK REVIEW- The Book Charmer (Dove Pond #1) by Karen Hawkins


 Sarah Dove is no ordinary bookworm. To her, books have always been more than just objects: they live, they breathe, and sometimes they even speak. When Sarah grows up to become the librarian in her quaint Southern town of Dove Pond, her gift helps place every book in the hands of the perfect reader. Recently, however, the books have been whispering about something out of the ordinary: the arrival of a displaced city girl named Grace Wheeler.

If the books are right, Grace could be the savior that Dove Pond desperately needs. The problem is, Grace wants little to do with the town or its quirky residents—Sarah chief among them. It takes a bit of urging, and the help of an especially wise book, but Grace ultimately embraces the challenge to rescue her charmed new community. In her quest, she discovers the tantalizing promise of new love, the deep strength that comes from having a true friend, and the power of finding just the right book.
AMAZON    5+ STARS 

This book grabbed me early.  I looked down and discovered that at about 6% of the book I was already falling in love with it. And the more I read the deeper I fell!  Loved, Loved, Loved it!  It was quirky, fun, unusual and so different than other books.  It was also emotional, had quite the challenges not only for the town but also personal challenges for the main characters.
I love the people in the book.  The main people being Sarah, Grace (Mama G and Daisy) and Trav.   Sarah some people called her a book charmer and doesn't the title now make sense?  I also like to think of her as a book whisperer.  She was also charming too.  Not only that but loving, caring, helpful and being the 7th daughter, she also had a magical gift.  Each one of the sisters had a "gift" each one of those gifts being in entirely different areas.  
The whole town had so many interesting people in it that.  That also added a rich flavor to it for me too.  The people in the town were quirky and so real feeling.
I wanted to sit down and read this book all the way through without stopping.  But life intervened so I couldn't do it that way.  But I savored every moment that I was able to read each day and savor it each time. 
I really enjoyed how the book ended even though there were also a few bittersweet moments.  I do hope there are more books about this town and it's people.  Mainly because, come on I need more of Sarah's story.  Her sister Ava also has some things that need to be completed.  Both of those women have a romance story hidden that needs to be worked on and reveled.
 I also can't leave out the humor and the fact that there was more than one time that I laughed out loud.


 “I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment