Monday, September 16, 2013

Morning Musing: I am Worthy- FLYFLADY

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Morning-Musing--I-am-Worthy.html?soid=1112168023626&aid=Bn1j-WPSOKI

logo      Dear Friends,

I want to tell you a story about the changes that have occurred in my way of thinking since I began to really notice the negativity that was circulating in my head. This negativity was rooted deep in perfectionism.  


After Robert and I married we talked about remodeling our home. I had moved into his house with all my stuff and we went to estate auctions to buy more. We had stuff everywhere. I would beat myself up because I couldn't keep the house clean. So much so that I would punish myself and say ugly things to me. These phrases would come up over and over again. We would sit in restaurants and draw designs on napkins; then one of those negative phrases would pop into my head. 

These were things that told to me by my grandmother and mother since I was a child, "You don't deserve nice things because you.... Or why would you want that, you will only ruin it. Mother used to say to me, "I would give you this but you won't take care of it!" As I look back on it, she was messy too and she was just parroting what her mother said to her. This has all got to stop! 




Go to link  at the top of the page to read the rest of this letter..

No comments:

Post a Comment