Tuesday, July 20, 2021

* BOOK REVIEW- Undercover in Venice Beach (Love is a Beach#2) by Melody DeBlois

 

 General Fiction (Adult) , Romance , Women's Fiction

Description

By trading places with her twin, Audrey Powell has the opportunity she's always wanted, running her late mother's teahouse. When she fails to create food that delights the palate, she hires Liam James—a sexy-as-sin Brit with a flair for cooking. He tries to seduce her with titillating dishes and his charm, but she's vowed to steer clear of romance.
 
Working undercover, Liam's mission is to keep an eye on the teahouse. He poses as a chef to catch the traitor who is leaking UK security secrets. The last thing he wants to do is fall for a suspect, but when sparks fly, the romance starts to feel all too real.  AMAZON LINK

3 STARS

I really wanted to like this story more but it just wasn't my cup of tea.   Even though it had some pretty good main characters, it just didn't draw me in like I had hoped.  Audrey and her twin Lucinda's deception went a little deeper than I was expecting.  Although Liam had his own deception going on with his undercover gig.

Percy who was their mother, Monroe's dog was a nice addition to the story.

The romance is there as much as they try to resist.  But I also felt that there was too much poetry in the story but that has to do with my own particular taste.   It also at times felt a bit preachy when it came to everyone putting down their cell phones to enjoy life more.  Several people in the story were totally anti-technology too.

There is a good end to the story with a H.E.A. for the main characters. 

 

  I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment