Saturday, April 27, 2019

BOOK REVIEW- Then Came You: A Laws of Attraction Novel by Kate Meader



Description

In the courtroom, they’re rivals. In the bedroom, they’re . . . divorced. But could the road trip from hell lead to a second chance at love?

  Aubrey Gates is the hottest divorce lawyer in Chicago, a barb-tongued stiletto with legs that go on for miles. When her cool gray eyes meet mine across the battlefield, I want her like I’ve never wanted anyone or anything. Then I remember who she is: the woman who brought me to my knees. The woman who destroyed my faith in relationships.

The woman I used to call . . . wife.

And she needs a favor from me, Grant Lincoln.

It seems my ex forgot to mention the demise of our marriage to her dear old grammy, and now we’re both expected to attend her ninetieth birthday party. In Boston. And because it isn’t already awkward enough, Aubrey and I are driving there together from Chicago. That’s more than a thousand miles of tension, heartbreak, and barely concealed lust.

A little piece of paper might say we’re over, but this road trip is the true test. I intend to get my wife back . . . and I won’t stop until “I do.”  AMAZON 4 STARS

This was a totally emotional story with really great main characters. I liked being able to get both of the main characters P.O.V.'s.  Grant was quite the surprise.  He was this huge man with such a huge heart.  And with a change of pace, he is the nurturer in the story.  Protector yes, but he is a nurturer when it comes to her. He also had so much patience with such a messed up Aubrey.  Even after their painful divorce, he's still so in love with her.  And for the most part he really gets her but he is also having a hard time getting past some of her coolness, her walls when it comes to feelings. 
Aubrey has been taught to keep everything pushed down and all it's really done is to bite her in the butt.  Big time.  Oh, she's an awesome attorney but her personal life?  Yow.   Her own family has never really had her best interests at heart.  Well, except for her grandmother.  The rest are cold, closed up and a lot of drama happens around them.  Sounds a little bit the two things wouldn't go together but they do.

Cat Damon, the cat is a zany addition to this story. And Aubrey's grandmother who was spunky and someone I'm sure I would have liked in real life.

There is a H.E.A. for this couple but the way they got there kept me interested.  Oh, just as a additional piece of information, there is ex-marital sex in the story too.  But didn't we expect that? 
“I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”


1 comment: