Monday, April 22, 2019

BOOK REVIEW- Getting Her Groom (DiCarlo Brides Book 7) by Heather Tullis



A career on Broadway is the only thing Angela wants more than she wants Alex.

Despite her best efforts over the summer, he doesn’t seem the least interested, so she’s focused on finishing up her senior project—a musical she and a friend created whose proceeds will benefit a local community center. Hopefully the performances will allow it to keep its doors open until the next big grant comes through.
Alex has been fascinated by the much-younger woman, but twelve years age difference is too much for him to overlook. Still, he can’t say no when her pianist for the show is injured and she asks him to fill in. When someone does their best to sabotage the show, Alex steps up to help figure out what is going on. Can they catch the person responsible and save the community center? And if they do, will their relationship be able to survive the separation when she moves to New York City to pursue a career in the theater?   AMAZON  3.5 STARS


Although I like this author and this series, this book isn't one of my favorites.  I liked it okay but I just found it kind of hard to get into.  Which is a shame because I was interested in Alex getting his own romance story.  I missed the book in between that had to do with Angela before she started to grow up.  So I can't say that her earlier nastiness had anything to do with my feelings about this book.   Her being a brat before this she mentioned in this book and a few other reviewers did too.
Yes, there were good main characters, and supporting people including some of The Sisters.  Jonquil who is Angela's half-sister does show up in this one.  Hattie is Angela's best friend and is helping composing and producing this play.  I just felt like most of the people didn't really have all that much depth and I missed that. 
There was also some interesting people plotting.  The one person who was causing some of the problems was only a semi-surprise to me.   I had begun to have some suspicions about that person.
There is a H.E.A.  but one of the solutions for Angela I saw coming almost a mile away.  That was a bit predictable but maybe I've read so many books it just seemed like a logical solution.  I did pick up the hints that were given by different people in the book though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment