Saturday, March 16, 2019

BOOK REVIEW- Camouflaged (Hiding From Love Book 1) by Selena Laurence



 Camouflaged is a novella of about 35k words.

Opposites attract, military, romantic suspense.

Gabe is a soldier--a hard man living in a hard world. Afghanistan to be exact.
But then he meets Alexis.
She's a humanitarian, a soft woman looking to make the world softer. Unless you're a soldier.
Trapped together in a warzone, can these two opposites find love even as they work to survive?
AMAZON 3.5 STARS

I have to say when Alexis first showed up in the story I didn't like her.  She was snotty,
 judgemental and rude. She also came across as an entitled know- it- all with limited life experience.  Gabe came across as a horny soldier with a slick pickup line or two. Although his 2 reasons for being in the military were good ones.  I was hoping the story would improve. And THEN the sandstorm happened and things began to shift in a good way.  Redeeming qualities of the two M.C.'s began to be shown more.  Something that made me smile was that when Alexis got all angry and fiery, it just turned Gabe on more.
Steve is a minor character who still managed to be like an annoying gnat.  He's part of the visiting U.N. volunteer team but he just made me want to slap him in the head.  And yell, "what are you 5 years old?"
 All in all, I'd say the story gave me mixed feelings about it. I liked some of it but not all of it.  And it was both sweet at times and spicy at others.

No comments:

Post a Comment