Monday, October 29, 2018

BOOK REVIEW- THE BUSHWICK SERIES by Stella Marie Alden

42313837
Three men determined to protect, three women in trouble, three stories of passion and adventure sure to keep you up all night...

Best-sellers now available in one boxed set!


Slate

"What's her name?"
"Who?"
"Your dog? Its name?"
"How the heck would I know? I call it Dog."
"Well does Dog bite?"
"I don't think so. Didn't bite me."
"That's not funny, Mr. Slate."
"It's Slate, just Slate."

I specifically told the agency I wanted a male dog walker. The woman they sent is way too leggy, too naive, and too d@mn pretty. I got no business letting her stay in my guesthouse, especially the way my blood runs south whenever she's near.


In My Custody

"I, ah, don't do long term. Okay?"
"Slow down, the only thing I'm proposing is a nice meal and a glass of wine."
"Riiight. Followed by bed."
"I'm willing to put out as long as you respect me in the morning."
"Maybe I'll just insist on an expensive dinner and leave you hanging."
"Oh honey, it won't be."


Andrew Quinn
A few years back, my gorgeous client captured the world's attention when her billionaire husband died and left her penniless. Refusing charity, she's fired me more times than I can count but I don't give a d@mn. I'm keeping her safe.

Sienna
My ex was a cheap, conniving SOB with ties to the mob. So, when I mistakenly capture his very-alive voice on a recording, I know I'm in deep sh*t. Mr. Sexy-Suit offers his services for free but if something sounds too good to be true... I sure as h3ll won't go down that road again.


Jack

I was born to protect and know how to turn on the charm. I love playing poker, writing, and the rush of adrenaline. I'm looking for someone who likes to laugh, calls me out on my bulls**t, and won't give up on me.

"Now you." I hand her the tablet.

Are you looking for someone who can psycho-analyze you, a bit of a nutcase herself? Are you built like a bodyguard, love kids, and write mysteries? If so, text me your favorite flavor of ice cream. We may be compatible. No bigamists need answer.

Gorgeous Dr. Smythe has an office on Fifth Ave and I'm her self-appointed bodyguard. I knew her trip to Utah was a bad idea so I invited myself along. My focus should've been on keeping the shrink safe but every time she touched me, I lost it. Something about her naïve innocence, coupled with her brilliant mind, captivated me. Then, when I let her in, I realized we both were damaged, maybe beyond repair. <

High intensity, stand-alone, novels with graphic language, no cheating, and smoking hot, happily-ever-afters!

AMAZON 4 STARS


Since I  first read each of these books before and it was separately, I am also going to break down each book like it's done in the book blurb.

First off- Slade
Yes, the book blurb should have warned me how HOT this book was going to be. Even so, I was a bit unprepared for just how in my face it was going happen at the very beginning. Almost immediately there was a lot of mental sexual foreplay. Wow, I don't think I've ever put a phrase like that together before. Oh yes and there were some surprises and nakedness too. It was a dramatic start to the book. It even had me wonder at first if there was going to be any kind of plot but take a breath, there is. 
But I'm not downplaying the main characters who have some pretty painful things in their past. I'm not going to tell you what their pain is, as you read the story it all begins to unfold. They are very interesting indeed. 
Slate was so endearing when you got to know him. He was SO over his head when it came to women. And he wasn't afraid to admit it. Well, he admitted it to a close man friend at least. His boss and friend was the first one he called trying to figure out what he was doing wrong getting to know Lilac. Because of that he bounced between being this grouchy, alpha type guy and then being sweet to Lilac. No wonder she was confused at times. 
Lilac. Boy, she did have her share of grief just over her name alone. I liked the name and I liked her. She was a fighter even when it was hard to get people to believe her. At times, it seems that Lilac just has some unsettling things happen to her. And this latest caper with Dog, is going to innocently throw her right into the middle of danger. But at least Slate is on her side. 
There was humor in the story that made me smile a time or two. After they catch two low IQ thugs breaking into his house, that whole conversation between Lilac and Slater made me grin.
So final words. There will be attraction, a prickly friendship, then sex. Secrets shared, walking the dog and sex. Tenderness, protectiveness, and sex. Danger, mysteries and once again sex. All working their way to that H.E.A that was promised and is delivered. 
I have not read The CEO's Redemption, so I was not familiar with any of the people from that book. But this was an easy to read book all on it's own. I will say that I took a look at the other book and it sounded pretty interesting too. 
I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Next- In My Custody
This book had good main characters, although I have to say in the beginning I began to wonder about Sienna. She was kind of a ditz at times and I wasn't sure I was going to like her all that much. More than once I thought I just wanted to shake her. How many chances is she going to take with her life? Common sense? I wasn't sure how much of that she had. But she also had some charming moments too.
Andrew, was kind of a surprise. He wasn't perfect, he had a few flaws but he was good at his job. That is he is good at it when he get his client, Sienna to listen. Their first meeting was really different and had so humor to it even though she was in serious trouble. And is Andrew the stuffed suit that on the outside he seems to appear to be? No, I don't think so. 
It had some good secondary people in this book who are involved in the danger that was in the story. There was a few unexpected twists towards the end of the book. 
While I can't say this was a favorite book, it did enjoy it. I did give it 3.5 Stars on Amazon by including that in the title. 

I voluntarily read an Advanced Reader’s Copy of this book.

And last is - Jack
A good tense story with great main characters.  Both Jack and the good doctor, Blakely (Blake) have had quite the roller-coaster childhood.  Both totally different but still totally dysfunctional all the same.  It's one of the reasons that Blake went into the profession that she did.  Oh, she's good at it but she is still trying to work out how to deal with her own emotions.   Especially when it comes to dealing with men.
Blake wants, no needs to know the truth about her sister and she puts herself in considerable danger more than once.
Jack was attracted to Blake right from the get go and when they first met it made for quite the dramatic start to the book.  Jack is also good at his job.  He is tough, skilled and also a born protector. His skills saved both of them more than once.
When Blake confronts her past, it really makes danger come to the forefront and the drama it causes is well done.  Be prepared for a surprise or two concerning that. 
Also be prepared for a misunderstanding or two between Blake and Jack because come on, we are talking about two damaged people trying to wade through emotions.
Yes, there will be hot sex between the two of them and a H.E.A. as promised.   They also have a supporting cast of some good people to help them get there to that H.E.A.  

I voluntarily read an ARC of this book and this is my honest opinion of it. 
I will say that this set makes for a very good way to present all three of the stories.  

No comments:

Post a Comment