Tuesday, April 10, 2018

BOOK REVIEW- HUSHED by Shereen Vedam

Hushed, Tales of Ryca, Book 2 by [Vedam, Shereen]

Don't say a word!


In one day, young TAMARA goes from being the king's favorite, his first born and much-loved thirteen-year-old daughter, to having her father brutally murdered. Then she's trapped by a time spell where no one hears her screams. Once she'd finally freed, she's determined to stay that way. So, when she turns eighteen and her mother attempts to marry her off for "her own good," Tamara is having none of it.

However, is going on a quest across realms to find her lost nephew the best plan? She'll meets marauding giants and wily talking lizards. She'll have to face spirits who should know better than to leave their graves and resurrect memories best left buried. Most important of all, she'll have to come to terms with her greatest weakness, or strength, depending on her point of view. All the while, in the stillness a danger lurks that could destroy the rest of her family, and perhaps even her entire world.

For once, will Tamara be up to the task of being the one to save the day?  AMAZON 5 STARS

Loved it!  Great main characters, great secondary people, plenty of action and mysteries.  There was interesting world building in several different "places", something I have to give the author credit for. This book did keep me at the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next. 

I really liked Tamara, flaws and all.  I found her to be an easy person to relate to.  Because of her experiences she had a rigid fear of enclosed places and attempts of people to control her.  She still felt like an outsider even years after being freed.  She also had a ton of resentment toward family though, especially her mother.  Now, her mother I found hard to like even though she did make a tough choice that did save what was left of her family.  
There is also a romance that most  people would have considered unlikely but it was well done.  And when it began to happen I enjoyed watching how that developed. 
I don't want to give too much away because it was fun to let the story unfold on it's own.  But I will say that there will be some major twists towards the end of the story and I enjoyed every single one of them! Now, I am looking forward to reading more by this author who is new to me.




I received an Advance Reader Copy of this book and this is my honest opinion of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment