Monday, April 23, 2018

BOOK REVIEW- CLOSE CONTACT (A Body Armor Novel) by Lori Foster

Close Contact (Body Armor) by [Foster, Lori]
MMA fighter Miles Dartman’s casual arrangement with personal shopper Maxi Nevar would be many men’s fantasy. She seeks him out, they have mindblowing sex, she leaves. Rinse, repeat. Yet lately, Miles wants more. And when Maxi requests his services via the Body Armor security agency, he’s ready to finally break through her defenses—and protect her day and night.

Receiving a large inheritance has brought chaos and uncertainty into Maxi’s life. Her ex has resurfaced, along with lots of former “friends,” and someone is making mysterious threats. Then there’s Miles, who doesn’t ask for anything…except her trust. Pleasure is easy. Now Maxi has to give her heart as well as her body…or risk losing a man who could be everything she needs.  AMAZON 4 STARS

I liked this book but I can't say that it is my favorite of the series.  The book information caught my attention.  As did the opening chapter, it was a dramatic beginning.  When Miles and Maxi meet up again, it kept the tension going.  There will be plenty of tension and action in the story.

I did like both of the main  characters and Maxi sure did have a lot on her plate.   I have read other books in this series so it was nice to see some of the other people "visiting" in this one.  Sahara, the bodyguards boss shows up as well and always adds a little bit of sparkle and grit to the story.   Even with the additional people, I think that the story can stand all on its own without having read any other books in the series.

I guess a drawback for me, was how much time was spent on the regret and shame that Maxi felt for walking out on Miles earlier and leaving him high and dry.  Of course, he was angry because he knew almost nothing about her except 3 nights of incredible sex.  He had no way of contacting her and he wanted to.  However, so much time was spent on Maxi's regret I felt like it slowed the story down a lot.  It was too repetitive for my liking.  But that's just me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment