Tuesday, December 6, 2016

BOOK REVIEW- RELENTLESS BY MALLORY CROWE

Relentless (Fractured Farrells: A Damaged Billionaire Series Book 5) by [Crowe, Mallory]

Nathan has come to town for one reason: her.
And he's not leaving until she's his.
Nathan thought he'd be a happy bachelor forever, but things have changed. One by one his brothers have been falling prey to this whole "love" thing and Nathan has never come close to finding a woman who could tolerate him in large doses. Well, except for one. But this girl isn't a fling. She's long term, first class wife material. If he goes for her, it's not for a one night stand. It's for forever.
Katy Carey is busy. Too busy for love and much too busy for the assertive billionaire from her past who showed up out of nowhere and demanding they try to make things work. But as the Inn she manages starts to face one crisis after another, it becomes apparent that someone is trying to destroy the business she's devoted her life and future to.
Now the man she just wanted to leave her alone ends up being a friendly ear, an ally and, scariest of all, her only hope.   AMAZON   4 STARS

Nathan was one determined guy when he finally decided what he really wanted.  The problem is that Katy doesn't think he's for real about wanting just her; she's seen this bad boy in action and she doesn't trust him.  She also can't seem to shake him loose either.  Oh, she tries, not only because of being busy but also because she still has scary feelings for him.  She can't see anything good coming out of that. 
In the beginning of the story there's a fair amount of him chasing her,  he'd be super direct and then she would be running. It was so funny, he was being so sincere as well as being blunt but Katy was having a hard time believing it.   Like the book information says though, things start to go hay-wire at the inn. I felt that the book was okay up to that point but then I really started liking it even more when things started happening at the inn. Maybe I'm just impatient.  For me, It really starts to get interesting when the danger level starts to increase; that's when some twists and turns show up. I love that.  That's also when there are moments of  Nathan being sweet, caring and protective that I liked.
There is also a surprise reveal  at the end.  And no, I'm not even going to give a hint about that because it might ruin it for those who haven't read it yet.  By the way, it was a nice touch to have an almost cameo like visit with other Farrell family members when they show up in this book.  
I  like how the author added a section after the Epilogue.  She called it "Bonus Scene".  I don't think I've seen that done before but I liked it and thought it worked well.   And it led into a quick look into another book called, The Cocky Thief".  It hooked me,  it sounded like that is a book I want to read next. 


*I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book. I was not compensated for my review, and I was not required to write a positive review. 




No comments:

Post a Comment