Saturday, December 3, 2016

BOOK REVIEW- PERSEVERANCE DOESN'T MEAN HOPE HAS TO DIE


This is the story of Randy & Jane. They were high school sweethearts who met at the age of fifteen years old. Shortly after graduation, they married, had a family and answered God’s call to serve Him and His people for over twenty-five years. Together they founded churches in both Michigan and Tennessee. After thirty-four years of marriage, heartache struck their family. In 2012, Randy passed away from autoimmune disease. His death forever changed Jane’s life. This book tells her inspiring story of loss and redemption. Her prayer is that every wounded, broken, lonely person who reads her story will find hope again. God knows your beginning and end. He will never fail you. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future,” Jeremiah 29:11    AMAZON    5 STARS

This is a book to be read with your heart.  
What do I mean by that?  Let your heart be wide open to what you are reading. 
I have to be honest, I was a little bit afraid to read this book.  Why?
Because I knew it was going to stir up some of my emotions and probably make me cry.  
Yes, it did bring tears to my eyes several different times but also ended up with hope.
The book dedication got me right off the bat
One of Randy's  last statements  was shared in the dedication and it was powerful.
This book does have scripture in it of course, we are talking about a woman of God, who lives the word of God. 
Her boast is not in herself but in the Lord, and that comes through clearly in this book. 
One of the scriptures found in the book that caught my heart, was Hebrews 3:6.
We need to be boasting in our hope and this book did this!
I really liked how the pictures were placed through the book.  Not the older style of them being placed together all by themselves in one section.  Nothing wrong with that, I've enjoyed those full pictures myself at other times.  But in this book, they were spread out with almost a cameo like effect.  That made it beautiful to me, like something beautifully woven together.  
I enjoyed this book,  it just flowed so smoothly. I wanted to slow down and savor every word, but I just couldn't seem to do that this time. It's like I was being enticed/beckoned forward at a faster pace. 
Hey, it's my copy so maybe the savoring is for another time, the next time. 
Words that come to mind is that it's simple, direct, loving, honest.
Don't get your feathers all ruffled up at the word, simple.
When I say that I mean- that it is easy to understand, easy to receive.
A thought came to me that this is also a great way to encourage people that are being drawn to the prophetic expression of knowing God more.  It can be scary because it's different and you don't want to get off track into flakiness.  I believe this book will also be helpful to young Christians, or those young in the Lord even.   When supernatural things began to happen, she had a foundation of the Bible to keep her safe.
When the time is right, I hope she writes another book. But for now, I'm going to pick up a couple more copies of her book.  Hopefully at an upcoming local book signing.  What am I going to do with the extra copies?  Why, sow them of course!



No comments:

Post a Comment