Monday, August 24, 2015

BOOK REVIEW- WHEN WE MET


BOOK REVIEW- WHEN WE MET-Angel Whittaker earned his scars the hard way, but the scars that can't be seen are the ones that haunt him the most. Since he moved to Fool's Gold, California, he's cobbled together a life for himself as a bodyguard trainer. If he's not exactly happy, at least his heart is safe.  Working with pro-football superstars taught tough-talking PR woman Taryn Crawford one thing—she can go toe-to-toe with any man. But then dark, dangerous former Special Ops Angel targets her for seduction…and challenges her to resist his tempting kisses. 
Even in four-inch heels, Taryn never backs down. Unless, somehow, Angel can convince her that surrender might feel even better than victory.  AMAZON

Loved this story, I give it high marks.  It kept me interested all the way thorugh.  I really liked the town of Fool's Gold,the people and the main characters.  Both Angel and Taryn were competent, strong people with their own sets of pain.  I liked the fact that Taryn was a strong woman and very successful with her business. She was flamboyant in the way she dressed which I also liked.  Even in a town that dressed casual she kept her own sense of style.  She remained who she was.   Also likable was "her boys", tough guys  who were also business partners.  That was one team of people.  The other team was the one Angel was part of; a business where one of their specialities was bodyguards/protection details.  I agreed with one statement in the book that Fool's Gold had its share of unusual businesses (especally for a small town).   Something else that got my attenton was how Angel came to the conclusion that yes, "he knew Taryn had a brain but just realized she had a spine of steel".   That was right after she faced a challenge and wouldn't quit.  I enjoyed the snappy conversations between Trayn and Angel and just about everyone Taryn came into contact.  Can you imagine moving to a new town and feeling like the people were just TOO nice?  She didn't want that to rub off on her; she liked her sarcastic self! 

 I think this might be the first book I have read by this author but there is a few more in this series of, Fool's Gold that I would like to read.    Taryn's friend and co-worker Larissa was quite the interesting person and I want to read her story too.  I had a hint of who she could end up with romantically but I want to see how they get there.   That's half the fun.   


Sex? Yes, there will be some in this book.  As well as children, a clever seemingly all knowning Mayor Marsha  and a supporting cast of other interesting people. 

The cover of the book while pretty doesn't match the idea in my head of how Taryn dressed most of the time. The book also tells us the kind of clothes she went for along with her sexy but tough look. And her fantasic shoes with the super tall heels. Yes, I understand that she sometimes wore sensible shoes when she needed to, like for camping (which she hated). But it just wasn't her norm. 
To be perfectly honest I often skimmed over any books by this author when I saw the cover pictures. They just seemed so soft I didn't even bother to read the book info. I figured it probably didn't have much depth. Glad to say I was wrong about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment