Sunday, August 16, 2015

BOOK REVIEW- DRAWING FIRE


BOOK REVIEW- DRAWING FIRE-One case from her past defines homicide detective Abby Hart.  With a possible serial killer stalking elderly women in Long Beach, California, Abby’s best lead is Luke Murphy, an irritating private investigator who saw a suspect flee the scene of the latest homicide. When Abby discovers that the most recent victim is related to the governor, she’s anxious to talk to him about a cold case that’s personal to her―one Luke is interested in as well.
As she learns more about the restaurant fire that took her parents’ lives years ago, Abby discovers why Luke is so invested in finding the ones responsible. The more they uncover, though, the more questions they have. Can Abby find peace without having all the answers?   AMAZON

A pretty good book.  I chose this one mainly because of the author.   I had read one her books a few years back.  It is titled, " Critical Pursuit" and I really liked it.  So when I saw who the author was and  because  the book blurb looked interesting, I gave it a shot.  I liked it.  I also liked Abby and Luke although Abby had a few misconceptions about Luke in the beginning.  Abby was smart, and good at her job.  She was almost driven when it came to getting justice for those who needed answers about the death of their loved ones.  Of course, she does recognize and know that part of that is because of her own story.   There were several cases that Abby was working on of course, not just her own parents cold case.  Luke wasn't the showoff that Abby first labeled him with.  He was a caring godly man with his own griefs to deal with.  There were several good people in the story as well, for example, Bill and Woody.  If you are looking for twists and turns in this story you will have to wait for them.  But they are spread throughout the book like a miner panning for gold.    I felt it was done very well.  I definitely began to identify with Abby when it came to her frustration when it seemed she got only so far to hit a roadblock or dead end.    Many things were settled but there is also an opening left for the second book that is coming out in 2016.  Then maybe we will get the rest of the answers.

By the way, Abby and Ethan getting married?  Oh, I hope not. As I'm reading I'm going, "don't do it, don't do it".  Even a blind man could see they don't fit.  As friends, yes.  As a couple, I don't think so.  

Also there will be talk about relying on God and there will be some Scripture.  Just letting you know in case that makes you uncomfortable. I liked it and liked that wasn't preachy or make the book seem like that was all to the story.  


To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I am mentioning that Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment