Tuesday, October 8, 2013

eBook: The Healer, First Touch ( Follow the Series)


 Varick is Jacey's Protector; she didn't even know she needed one. Why would she?  After all she's just a normal teenager getting ready to graduate.  Secrets start falling out of the closet as she begins to sense the evil Fury  that wants to take her gift and kill her.  Varick not only protects Jacey but also teaches Jacey to use her healing power.  The more she heals, the more at risk she becomes. Jacey must face her destiny to help others even if it means risking her own life, as it has taken the life of many Healers before her.   Varick and Jacey are linked even more than just Protector and Healer and the connection is just getting stronger.  But The Fury isn't the only one that doesn't want that connection to continue.  

I thoroughly enjoyed it, although I wasn't sure I was going to because of the age of the "Healer" and part of the high school setting.  Some people may not like it because of that very reason, High School. It's been MANY years since I was in high school but I enjoyed the innocence of Jacey and her coming to terms of what she's been called to do.  Its not like she had any warning of what was coming her way. I found the way the connection was explained  between Jacey and Varick very creative  (as well as the roles of Protector and Healer).   Of course I like the Evil vs Good theme, which was pretty well written. When I read books like this, I tend to see a spiritual side to it as well, I'm guess that comes from the good vs evil that I mentioned earlier. 



I'm looking forward to the next book, and hoping that the author does as well with that one as she did with the first.  


No comments:

Post a Comment