Saturday, October 26, 2013

eBook Review: Fatal Judgement

Fatal Judgment (Guardians of Justice #1)U.S. Marshal Jake Taylor has seen plenty of action during his years in law enforcement. But he'd rather go back to Iraq than face his next assignment: protection detail for federal judge Liz Michaels. His feelings toward Liz haven't warmed in the five years since she lost her husband--and Jake's best friend--to possible suicide.  How can Jake be expected to care for the coldhearted workaholic who drove his friend to despair? 

I was astonished how quickly I was drawn into this story. It pulled me in right away! Fast moving with lots of action, and intensity. I enjoyed every minute of it and couldn't hardly wait to get to the end to see how they brought all the drama and chase to a close. Of course, once it was over, there was the let down of "It's over". I enjoyed the "I can barely stand you but I'm a professional and I'll do my job" attitude of Marshall Jake Taylor towards Judge Liz Michaels. Liz really doesn't understand his cold attitude towards her but someone is trying to kill her. Staying alive and finding the killer before he strikes again,is Priority #1. The more Jake is around her the more the things he thought he knew about her just weren't adding up. Great mystery, great forming friendship and romance was woven together in a way that I totally enjoyed. The other agents in the story were well drawn and enjoyable as well. Since this is Book #1 in this series, I'm thinking some of the family members introduced here, will get a shot at telling their stories in the upcoming books. Looking forward to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment