Thursday, October 10, 2013

How Not to Feel Punished when it comes to Housework- FlyLady

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Ask-FlyLady--How-to-Not-Feel-Punished.html?soid=1112168023626&aid=tXX3ogJug8g



Dear FlyLady, Kelly and Crew,
I love your encouragement and wisdom (also your tools); so I figured you'd have an answer to the dilemma I find myself in.
I dislike doing housework and I hate, hate, hate washing dishes by hand (which I have to do because I don't have a dishwasher).
I've been doing the babysteps, routines and setting my timer but I still can't shake the feeling of negativity that hangs over my head when I do these simple jobs.
Then it hit me! My aha moment!
Housework of any kind feels like punishment because that's how my parents punished me and my sisters growing up. If we misbehaved, we'd have to "clean" and the more we disobeyed, the more "chores" (I hate that word) we'd be given that day. 

To keep reading go to link above......

No comments:

Post a Comment