Thursday, July 12, 2018

BOOK REVIEW- 100 BIBLE STORIES FOR CHILDREN by Copenhagen Publishing Company


nstill a deep love of the narrative of the Bible in your children’s hearts with this richly illustrated storybook. 100 Bible Stories for Children uses beautiful, traditional art and clear language to teach children ages 5 to 8 one hundred of the best-loved stories from the Bible, and it includes a ribbon to mark your place. The detailed illustrations will captivate your children as you read with them at bedtime or at Sunday school, and independent readers will return again and again to learn the stories of the heroes of the faith. You and your family will treasure this classic collection of Bible stories.  AMAZON 4 STARS

The first thing that I liked right off the bat is that the book is set up into two sections.  It has the Old Testament and the New Testament Bible stories in their own section.  I know that not all of the books with Bible stories for children are set up this way.  
Another thing that I liked is that under the name of each chapter, there is printed scriptures where the stories actually are in the Bible. 
The pictures were nicely done I thought and went along with what was being shared.  The only time I questioned the choice of illustrations was when it came to Chapter 2 Adam's Helper.  The first picture was fine but the second one I thought could have been different and bit more relevant when it came to Eve.  Not sure what that picture would be though.  
And just to let you know this book is weighty.  And when I say that I mean it's a pretty large book and it's solid, heavy.  A lot heavier than I expected but I don't think that is a bad thing. 
So all in all, I think this would make a lovely gift.  It is made well with a strong binding to it.   And as a final nice touch there is a red ribbon attached to use as a bookmark. It's so nice that I am setting it aside to give as a gift.   

Tyndale House Publishers  provided me with a complimentary copy of this book and this is my honest opinion of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment