Tuesday, June 6, 2017

BOOK REVIEW- NO TIME TO SAY GOODBYE by Bill Adler Jr.

No Time To Say Goodbye by [Adler Jr., Bill]

Yesterday, all Dennis Tanner wanted was to love his wife, Rachel, and to be the best doctor he could. Today, all Dennis wants is to stop traveling forward in time, before the woman he loves, his friends, and his entire world are gone. 

Will Dennis discover the answer to why he’s been traveling into the future? Will he finally be able to stop or will he continue to travel, alone and bereft, until time itself ends?

No Time to Say Goodbye is a gripping novella about one man’s desperate attempt to hold onto love and life no matter what happens, no matter where—or when—he is.    AMAZON 4 STARS

If I could capture what this book is like in one word, it would be "Different". I both liked and disliked this book.  How can that be, right?   I thought the author did a good job of drawing you into the main characters and their confusion about what was happening. Let's face it, Dennis did everything he could to try to figure out what is going on.  He doesn't really get any answers when he had himself checked out physically.  The emotions are stirred as he sees his life with his wife slipping away.  That's the part that I didn't like so much but lets face it, it is an important part of the story.  And it kind of grabs you, I thought it was pretty well done. The people building and the different world building was pretty well described and I was surprised at how much the author packed in the short amount of pages. 

Answers come as the story ends but I also see some possibilities to take it further too.  I kind of hoped that he would rage just a little bit when he finds things out at the end.  But the good doctor responds to need and he is needed.  I don't really want to say much more and possibly ruin it for others.

By the way, the cover of the eBook, really got my attention too. 


I received a copy of this book via Netgalley and this is my honest opinion of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment