Monday, August 2, 2021

Book Review- Rattlesnake Road by Amanda McKinney

   

Welcome to 1314 Rattlesnake Road—the perfect hideaway to escape your past.

 Mystery & Thrillers , Romance

After leaving her posh NYC life behind, fashion editor Grey Dalton escapes to the small, southern town of Berry Springs to pick up the broken pieces of her life. On impulse, she purchases a rumored-to-be-haunted house where she finds herself thrown into decade-old murder mystery, and onto the rocky road of recovery and self-discovery. Men are the last thing on her mind—until she meets a tattooed cowboy and a dashing businessman. One will steal her heart, the other, her soul.  AMAZON LINK

4 STARS

 

 I'm still shaking my head over this one.  It was entirely different than what I was thinking.  And it was emotional and well written.  In fact, it became a roller coaster for me.  At times, I was thinking, "I don't like this story, it's just not my cup of tea".  To all of a sudden I was liking it.  It does have some dark stuff in it that I think was what I was having trouble with.  

But then I got into the parts that I did like. And that would be the main characters, Grey, and Declan.  They both had such incredible depths to them.  There was also a fair amount of humor some it being sarcastic.  Humor that I liked no matter which category it fell into.  It made me smile when the people in this small town would greet her with, "Hey, New York."  That part never got old for me. Then there is Etta, an old lady with plenty of spunk, humor and opinions.  She helps Grey a lot.  

Another main character is that rich businessman,  Lucas who I couldn't make out what he was really like.  It didn't take long to see that he was a strikingly handsome man who is incredibly selfish.

I felt a few times that the story was kind of slow but not to worry because at a certain point it does speed up with a twist I never saw coming! That I definitely liked as well as the ending of the story.  So I'm rating it 4 Stars on Amazon because of the parts that I did like.  There were enough of them.

 This ARC book was complimentary, provided by the Publisher and NetGalley. I am voluntarily providing my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment