Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Book Review- Legacy (Montgomery Brothers Book 1) by Laura Pavlov

 

 Ford
I don’t have time for distractions.
I have a billion-dollar company to run. A father to grieve.
A legacy to fulfill.
Harley DeLuca is not my type.
She’s snarky.
She's stubborn.
And she’s the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen—even in her ridiculous grungy tennis shoes.
I can’t get enough of her.

Harley
I was a mistake from the moment of conception.
The sins of my mother have followed me like a nightmare in a horror flick.
I’m determined to make a life for myself, free of my past.
I have three goals.
Open a bakery.
Keep Gramps safe.
And forget that I’m Valentina DeLuca’s daughter.
There’s no room in my life for a man.
Especially an arrogant, condescending jerk like Ford Montgomery.
But now he's my business partner.
My friend.
And if I'm not careful, he just might be—everything. AMAZON LINK

4.5 STARS

When this book first started out I thought, "Okay, nice but probably nothing all that different from others I've read." I'm glad that I kept reading.  I did mainly because I liked spunky, hardworking, Harley a lot.  And the conversations between Harley and Ford started to be quite interesting and sometimes later on funny.  

Gramps is Harley's only worthwhile family member that is still living.  I say worthwhile because her mother Valentina is one piece of selfish, evil work.  And her father is referred to as her, "sperm donor''.  Harley does have a really good friend, Molly who has her back and also works in the bakery.

What Harley lacks in family, Ford has in spades.  Good family members, like his brothers, Jack and Harrison.   Jack added a lot of humor to the story and Harrison was a bit more on the quiet, serious side.  They are a warm family and that includes his mother too.  They are still suffering from the loss of their father/husband. He had been a good man who died too soon.  

Valentina brings all kinds of danger into Harley's current life and it's nothing to ignore.  And Ford isn't about to.  In fact, his brothers and others rally to protect her.  Things really get even more interesting as that part of the story ramps up.  So does, the relationship that develops between Ford and Harley.  

Everything comes to a good conclusion with a H.E.A. for our couple.

 On a side note, I think I would like to read both Jack and Harrison's stories.

I borrowed this book for free with my  Prime Reading membership

No comments:

Post a Comment