Monday, August 16, 2021

*Book Review- Elite Starfighter (Game3) by Grace Goodwin

   

Two friends have disappeared playing Starfighter Training Academy. No one cares because it's just a game. Right?

I know something is wrong. Messed up. Completely off. And no one is paying attention.My BFFs went missing after beating the hottest new multi-player game on the planet, Starfighter Training Academy. They won. They celebrated. They vanished. So what's the girl left behind supposed to do? Beat the damn game, that's what. Find out the truth, even if that includes being recruited to fight in an alien war, lusting after the hottest alien I've ever seen, and marching into a battle there's little chance of winning.I will find my friends. I will learn what the heck is going on. And I will kiss the alien hunk I've been staring at for weeks.Watch me.  AMAZON LINK

3.5 STARS

 

I really had mixed feelings on this one.  Some parts I really liked and others not so much. So I guess the best way to put it is "I liked it but..."

 I did like both of the main characters although their first face to face meeting seemed a bit odd.  I liked the game element to the story.  The game that wasn't really a game but just the warmup for the real battle.  The science part got pretty interesting. Although a few times I felt a bit overloaded with some of the technology of some of the battle strategies.   There is also the insta heat when it comes to the sex between Darius and Lily.  While well written it also began to feel at times like it was overtaking the story.  

So you see my dilemma? The emotions were good, the battles were good and so were some of the quickly seen friendships.  It comes to a good ending.  Well at least it looks like a good for now ending because the Epilogue shows that not all is ended in the battle with the evil Queen Raya. 


I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book from Booksprout. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment