Friday, June 21, 2019

BOOK REVIEW- A Valiant Prince (The Poisoned Pawn Duet Part II ) by SE Rose



Description

Some princes are born into royalty. And some princes are made into royalty. Logan Winters just discovered that he’s a prince, a prince that someone wants dead. When Princess Susanna came waltzing into his world, she took his breath away with her beauty and charm and also with the truth about his life. Now they are racing against time to find out who wants to kill him. Will they be able to stop a killer? Or will their discovery bring down not one throne but two?  AMAZON

Explosive beginning. I liked that .  But I did find it a bit overwhelming at first because of all of the people thrown at me in the beginning.
The story is told mainly from Logan's point of view for those who would like to know. I found this book hard to settle on a rating because it caused mixed feelings about for me.

I liked both of the main characters and how there are SO many secrets.  Not only are there a lot of secrets there is also a LOT of sexual scenes as well.  I wish the author had dialed that back a bit.  
The family relationships were good and even some of the relationships with the bodyguards added to the story.
Who can you trust becomes a major issue very early on and with good reason.
The story felt like it slowed down for a while but then it does start back up and begins to really take off.  When I say it took off, I mean it had some really good twists coming our way.  Mysteries are exposed, followed by a H.E.A. and a welcome Epilogue.

 “I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”

No comments:

Post a Comment