Tuesday, June 11, 2019

BOOK REVIEW- Hacker Exposed: White Hat Security Series, Book 1 (Kindle Edition) by Linzi Baxter

35110747
 Alex. I knew one thing…

Someone had stolen from me.

Could the gorgeous blonde I hadn’t seen in years be the answer?

One look from her, and she had me hook, line, and sinker. So when danger was knocking at her door, I knew I would do anything to save her.

Bridget. My identity was no longer a secret.

I had to decide, help Alex or go on the run. But one look into Alex’s piercing blue eyes, and I knew I would risk everything to help him.

Even if it meant stirring up the turmoil of my past

Will Alex and I find out who stole the money before it’s too late?  AMAZON 4 STARS

I had mixed feelings on this one.  While I liked the main characters, there was also some swearing, pretty fast moving into sex, and a pretty good amount of secondary characters.  While it wasn't really that hard for me to  keep up all the people, it also gave you an idea of what might some of the following books in the series.   A  BSDM club is mentioned as is the homosexuality between two people.  Now if you can get past all of that there is a pretty decent story.  Threats coming from a unexpected area aimed at Bridget with her murder being the goal after they get what they want from her.   I have to say a couple of times she did a few stupid things that had me shaking my head.
One thing I really liked was that the stereotypical  idea of great hackers and what they looked like was shown different here.  CJ was one the hackers who was described as a tall Thor look-a-like guy with glasses.  And Bridget was a short, curvy girl, with black hair and with yes, with glasses.  Even though Alex thought of her as stunning looking he also thought of her as HIS nerdy girl.  They do get their H.E.A. though.

Bridget did have some really good friends that also worked with her.  I liked that they all were a kind of misfits in one way or another.  Each with their own troubles that they were hiding. But to Bridget they were like second family to her.   Patty is one of those people who work for Bridget.  To say that she is colorful is putting it mildly.  And I liked her.  I see that she does get her own story in the next book called, " Royal Hacker."  Even though Patty intrigues me I'm not so sure I want to read the next one though because it also includes a  BSDM club in the story.  Just not sure how in depth that would be.
My last comment would be that ...one issue didn't really get dealt with.  So is it going to be dealt with in another book or is this just it?  So what happens to Bridget's dad feels like a cliffhanger to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment