Monday, June 17, 2019

BOOK REVIEW- Dirty Irish (Murphy Brothers Book 3) by Magan Vernon




Description

My life has revolved around the two things I've always loved: whiskey and rugby. Now the marriage clause in my Da's will has me putting both on the back burner if I want to save the Murphy's Pub empire and find a wife.
As the last brother to get married, I need a little help, and that's where my sister-in-law's American best friend, Leah, comes into the picture. She could use a little Irish luck after the deceitful things her ex did to her that brought her to Ireland. With her take-no-shite-attitude, she's just the type of girl to help me find a wife.
That is, if I can remember she’s the matchmaker and not the match.  AMAZON  3 STARS

Interesting main characters.  Main characters that are kind of living in the land of denial when it comes to their attraction to each other.  It does cause some funny moments as they get to know each other.  She has that assistant job to do for Sean but no matter how much they resist it they begin to become friends. It becomes more than just a employee and employer.  They really do get along pretty well.  Sean finds Leah's sass pretty funny too.
Fallon is Leah's best friend who helps draw her into this whole thing.  But all she did in the beginning was get her to the Irish pub to be a bartender.  Fallon knew that Leah needed a soft place to land after what she had been through.  Fallon is also in love with and married to Connor and the other brother Jack is getting married soon too.   So 2 down one to go. 
 It was kind of fun seeing the differences in language and culture between the two main characters.  Also fun was Sean teaching Leah about his beloved sport of rugby.

I did feel like a certain phrase was a bit overused.  "Every hair on the back of their neck stood up" could have been dialed back a bit.   I did like the fact that there were a couple of surprises in store for Sean and Leah but also there was an interesting solution to some things that were challenging them.  I liked the solutions really well and the Epilogue was good too.

 “I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”

No comments:

Post a Comment