Saturday, June 8, 2019

BOOK REVIEW- Against the Wall (a Maverick Montana #1) by Rebecca Zanetti






Description
This book starts out with a startling opening scene.  Action right from the start.  I was almost as surprised as Sophie.  
I also enjoyed this story even more than I hoped to.   Of course, Rebecca Zanetti is an author that I look for because I have enjoyed so many of her books.  I'm so happy that this one didn't disappoint me either.  I really liked it.  It was a fun, quick story with a good community of people in place as secondary people.  I wouldn't mind reading more especially about the other brothers.  Quinn seemed to have something heating up with another young woman new to the community.  Juliet is the name of that particular woman.  She has a art gallery that she is trying to establish.  Also the Lodge's sister Dawn has a unrequited love for Hawk that just might not be all that impossible.
The main characters, Jake and Sophie were great on their own and as they scrap together.  Even six year old,  Leila brings a smile to my face more than once.  
Jake and Sophie definitely have some challenges to overcome.  Sophie is one independent woman because she has never really had all that many people who cared to look out for her.  When she meets Jake her reactions to him scare the daylights out of her.  Especially because he is almost like a force of nature.  One that she eventually does have more than one sexual encounter with.  The age old question comes up about is this just sex or is it more.

There is at least one group that is willing to commit violence to keep the golf course from coming about.  And it's not who you would normally expect.
I liked how the story ended and the Epilogue was pretty satisfying too.
 “I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”



















No comments:

Post a Comment