Monday, April 11, 2016

BOOK REVIEW- BLACK DAWN

  
What happens when nothing is as it seems? 
Lexi Dare is on a one-woman mission to stay alive. Both at home and at work. Because how did she end up with a ring on her finger and an abuser in bed as she readies to hit the high point in her career? Everything should be perfect. Amazing job. Handsome fiance. It's all a disaster. 
Parker Black is the brains behind Titan Group, an elite security firm. In his world, everything is ordered and controlled, except what he feels for his buddy’s girl. Something in her eye screams for help, but he has no idea what. 
When Lexi disappears, Parker realizes what he should have known. The lines blur between friendships and work, and they must find each other to survive a terror attack that only Lexi can stop. 
Black Dawn can be read as a standalone and does not have a cliffhanger.  AMAZON 3 STARS

I have really mixed feelings on this one.  Which is a shame because it had so much potential. The unusual story idea caught my attention.  Both Lexi and Parker are such great characters, its the only reason I finished reading the whole book.  I have to admit it felt like the world's slowest starting story....maybe that's not fair but that's how it felt to me.  Yes, her fiance Matt's terrorizing her took time to play out and for the reader to get the feel of it.  But, I had to put the book down and read something else.  Twice. That's not a good sign.  Finally when I went back to it, I think it was around the 26ish chapter where things started moving and I didn' have to push so hard to keep reading.  
In the end, things were settled in a satisfying way as was the epilogue.  But, it could have been so much more.    Or was I wanting too much? 

The Titan Group of people where there in the story as well, adding their talents and charms.   The book blurb was correct though.  It can be read as a standalone and it doesn't have a cliffhanger.  

No comments:

Post a Comment