Saturday, October 24, 2015

BOOK REVIEW- Out of the Blue

 
BOOK REVIEW- Out of the Blue-  Katie Walken has been running most of her life—from her Amish upbringing, from her family’s expectations, and from an arranged marriage to Karl Borg. Now a real estate agent, Katie feels she finally has the life she always wanted. . .or does she? 
Karl lost his love when she fled from their future in Amish country. Leaving home, too, he became an attorney. But his heart remains with Katie. 
When Katie and Karl are reunited, they seem to have a second chance at love. Will they allow God to help them face their past while looking toward their future?  AMAZON   I'm giving it 4 Stars on Amazon.

I liked this story and even as I read it, I also knew it probably wasn't for everyone.  Why?  Because it shows faith and reliance on God in action.   Not everyone wants to read that or likes to even.  But I did and also found that I liked the personalities of both Katie and Karl.  They were sweet, faithful and  both people of integrity.   Their lives had changed so much since they left their community but there were still some good things that remained unchanged too. It was interesting to watch some of the challenges that they had to work though.  It was a sweet story and I enjoyed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment