Monday, October 12, 2015

BOOK REVIEW- CAPTIVE STAR

 
BOOK REVIEW- CAPTIVE STAR-It should have been a piece of cake. All he had to do was pick up some pretty little bail jumper who wasn't even bothering to hide. But cynical bounty hunter Jack Dakota soon discovered there was nothing easy about spitfire M.J. O'Leary--or about this case.
Someone had set them both up. Now they were handcuffed together and on the run from a pair of hired killers. And M.J. wasn't talking--not even when Jack found a gigantic blue diamond hidden in her purse. Everything told Jack this alluring vixen couldn't be trusted . . . everything, that is, except his captive heart.
I enjoyed every..last...drop..of.. this...book.   Mainly, I think because of the main characters.
M.J.and Jack were so evenly matched in so many ways.  Tough, independent, smart and skilled.  I have to admit, some of their conversations and situations made me smile more than once.  M.J.came up with some clever tricks to try to get away, even when some of those tricks were physical defense moves.  
Their running, hiding and trying to figure out what was going on- it was well done.  
The only thing that bugged me was M.J.'s insistence of calling her friends.  For a smart woman, not a smart idea.   I know she was genuinely worried about her friends, but come on.  I was practically yelling at her, "Don't do it. It's Basics 101." 

I liked the  wording in the story too, it managed to draw pictures with words.  Here is one example: The fall to the bed-a reckless dive from a cliff."  I even liked how when the talk turned to flowers, that carnations were described as muscle flowers.   Because they don't smell like sissies and don't wimp out after a couple of days.  While I agree,  I don't think I'll ever look at carnations quite the same again.
Okay, I enjoyed this one so much that now, I want to read the rest of this series.  

By the way, you'll never guess what M.J stands for.  I know I didn't, although the author did have me guessing.   I was wrong on every guess. 


We don't find out who the villain behind the scene is yet but it doesn't feel like a cliffhanger because of how  so many of the other things completed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment