Thursday, June 20, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: I've Got Your Back


Leadership from a totally different view.   Its presented in two parts; one as a story, a parable just like Jesus did as he taught his disciples.  The second from a more student style like we are more used to reading or being taught from.  Both have plenty of scripture and are well thought out and are easy to relate to.

I found this book refreshing to read and enjoyed every minute of it.  I have to admit I peeked ahead of time.  When I got the book I popped open the book at about page 33 just to kind of poke around and after just a few pages, I thought, "Oh this is good, I've got to go and read it from the beginning." So I went back to the beginning and read the story first.  I also liked the author's gracious statement that there is no wrong way to read this book; you can start with the story or the other part (that he called the theology); either way was fine.  I can't remember ever having an author ever saying that. This is a book that is not only easy to read but also easy to apply; if you so desire.  He gives you the tools, you do the work.   Oh, and one of the things that got my attention, when it came to choosing this book, was the cover.  I found the picture intriguing and the title, even more so.  I don't often get pulled in by a cover, but I am glad that I did this time because it didn't disappoint.

James Galvin has also supplied the link below for those interested in this book:
I've got your back website

*I received this book via Handlebar Marketing for purposes of and honest review. It did not have to be a positive one, just an honest review; written in my own words.

No comments:

Post a Comment