Tuesday, February 12, 2019

The CEO's Valentine: A Billionaire Romance (Players Book 4) by Stella Marie Alden

       
...she's off limits, annoying, and completely irresistible.

































Grayson
I arrive in New York to do one last solid for my dying father and that cheeky programmer could ruin everything. If her allegations are true, his company can't go public. I need to get to the bottom of this and fast. Trouble is, it's a lot harder than I thought because after one look, I want a lot more than I should.

Isabella
It's not fair that I work harder than any man and get squat. Then, when I complain to some new guy in human resources, he gets pissed off. So, my mouth runs off about getting a lawyer. That's why I'm so surprised when he offers me a sweet assignment involving an overnight. Nothing wrong with that, right?

Until I find out he's the boss's son.  AMAZON 4 STARS

Note: This novella has it's own HEA but there's more to come. Beware of steamy scenes, cursing, and a plot guaranteed to make your pulse race.


I liked the story and it was a quick read.  Good main characters and some interesting undercurrents.  Both in the place of business and between Grayson and Isabella.  
Izzy is beyond direct when it comes to making statements and I can see where it got her into trouble but I liked her anyway.
Grayson starts things on the wrong foot with Isabella by lying about who he is at first.  It may be the first wrong move but it won't be the last as misunderstandings kept cropping up.   But also feel bad for Grayson because, like wow he had one nasty father.  He may  be dying but he still knows how to use his words to sting. 
I liked how the danger was woven into the story and I had my eye on who I thought was behind it.  But the motive was eluding me and I wasn't 100% sure I was right about who it was.  After all, it could have been someone not yet revealed.  
There were some interesting twists towards the end with a HFN ending.  Grayson and Isabella do have some steamy scenes together but it seems they need to stay on guard because the villain does get revealed but also gets away.  That part I wasn't so happy with.  It looks like their story continues in Book 5, "The CEO's Lucky Charm."
 
The CEO's Valentine: A Billionaire Romance (Players Book 4) by [Alden, Stella Marie]

No comments:

Post a Comment