Saturday, February 9, 2019

BOOK REVIEW- The Cowboy's Stubborn Sweetheart (Brothers of Cooper Ranch #3) by Leslie North

Julianna Norrell’s dream of leaving Montana for big city life in NYC was wonderful—until it all went bust. She’d tempted fate by getting a fine arts degree in photography, and believing one brilliant show would make her career take off. But three years later she’s a borderline starving artist, making a living off of stock art photography. Plus, she's just been on the wrong side of a copyright infringement case and no gallery in New York will touch her. Se when her mother seriously breaks her leg at the same time Julianna gives up her lease, it seems fate is pulling her back to where she started: Cooper Ranch.

Wright Cooper has come home to lick his wounds. After being a major fundraiser in a failed political run, most of America has started to hate his guts, and Wright himself is beginning to wonder when he’d stopped vetting his politician’s ideas and simply started funding them. Now, he’s home to dust off his boots and find himself again in the beautiful land that had made him want to enact change for his country in the first place.

When the two childhood sweethearts suddenly find themselves living under the same roof, they’ll need to decide if they’re coming home for good, or simply stopping over before losing each other once again.  AMAZON 4 STARS

This was a charming story but I also have to say that it didn't quite grab me as much as I had hoped.  And that really hurts to say because I have read other books by this author and liked them.  I really had a hard time coming up with a rating for this book.  I waffled between 3.5 and 4 Stars on this book for Amazon.  I finally decided on 4 stars because I did like it but with some reservations. 
On the plus side I have to say that both of the M.C.'s had strong personalities and strong focus on what they wanted, career-wise.  It was great to read how far back their relationship went before everything went south.
It was a nice touch about how sexy Wright was with his wearing glasses.  You don't always see that in a story and I liked the uniqueness of it.  There were times when Julianna noticed how his awkwardness was unbearably  sweet  especially when he was so often alpha aggressive in his lovemaking. 
I really liked that Julianna really put her finger on the truth for Wright.  When she said that the political field that he was so interested in backing was just using him for his money.  She just couldn't get him to see it and that he could help his beloved Montana in other ways, that flew right over his head for quite a while.  
I did like the ending and there is a H.E.A. 

I voluntarily read an ARC via Netgalley and this is my honest opinion of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment