Monday, February 4, 2019

BOOK REVIEW- Lucky by Stella Marie Alden






 ...pure, unadulterated trouble.

"I-I can't."
"Why not?"
"This is the real me, Lucky, from down un-dah."
"You stopped kissing me because you're Australian?"
"Oi. Don't look at me like that. I'm doin' both of us a fav-ah."


Lucky
Trouble starts with a blue-eyed stare that hits below the belt. You might think it ends with a girl-next-door but you'd be wrong. Bloody hell, she's all woman and you'd swear she was about to do you. Not only that, she's a bloomin' genius.

Callie
While my bodyguard works, I flirt all night and play with fire. When the party's over, we're ready for more but fate has other plans. First there's the snowstorm, then the break-ins. Did I mention the arms dealer?

A Stand-alone Patten Securities novel with heated scenes, swearing, and a Happily-Ever-After.
AMAZON  4 STARS

First off, how hot is that eBook cover?  

Now to get to the nitty gritty...Callie, now that woman really is a genius.  But street smarts when it comes to interacting with people, not so much.  She's so focused on her brain child thesis that is all she sees for the most part.  People and their motives are still kind of a puzzle to her at times.  She's got tricked and hurt more than once in her past by trusting people.   And her mother?  Would someone please get her a muzzle?  She is one manipulative, pushy woman with lots of money to get her way.  I don't think she had one nice word to say to her daughter.  If the author wanted me to hate her, good work because I did.  I kept hoping she had some redeeming character but you'll have to read it to find out if she did. 
Lucky is quite the interesting fella.  His boss introduced him to Callie's mother as Sir James.  And it took a while to see if it had any merit or was just a gag.  The truth does come out about that.  He could be charming, direct and knew what he wanted.  Even knew that he wanted Callie early on even feeling she was so out of his league. But he did have confidence on his side and loyalty.  You could see the loyalty also when he didn't want to mess up his duty to protect Callie by sleeping with her.  If he was off duty then you were looking at a whole different situation.  He tried to draw an honest line.  I liked that he was trying to be honorable with his boss Grayson, at Patten Securities.
I said that the eBook cover was hot but so was some of the romance between the two M.C.'s.  And some of the language might make you blush too.  But the book blurb did warn you. 
Plenty of surprising action happens as the tension about Callie's work amps up.  There is a few twists I didn't see coming and I liked how the story ended.  It also had a nice Epilogue which is always a plus in my book.  

  I voluntarily read an Advance Reader Copy of this book and these are my honest thoughts about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment