Wednesday, February 6, 2019

BOOK REVIEW- The Bravo Billionaire (Book 8) by Christine Rimmer


The Bravo Billionaire (Bravo Family series Book 8) by [Rimmer, Christine]



                   


























 THE MAN WHO HAD EVERYTHING- If ever there was a living embodiment of all that money could buy, Jonas Bravo was it. But the gleaming facade hid a legacy of loss. For though Jonas had been to the manor born, the kidnapping of his baby brother had yanked the rug out from under him - and taught him always to keep his heart padlocked. Until two females produced the key... One: baby Mandy, Jonas's adoptive sister, whose custody he was determined to get. And two: Emma Hewitt, her lovely guardian. Clearly the two were a package deal, and clearly Emma was daring the Bravo billionaire not only to hope but to dream - of getting back everything he'd lost that long-ago winter night... and thought he would never see again.
AMAZON 3.5 STARS

I will say that I have mixed feelings about this book.  
The deal that Jonas's mother came up with in her will was kind of unlikely but did add a lot of emotional challenges for both Jonas and Emma.  I've also got to say that I wasn't sure I was ever going to like Jonas because he was kind of unlikable at first.  Bossy, arrogant, "everything is going to be my way" kind of guy.   It took a long time for me to even warm up to this guy. In fact, Emma didn't even like him at first either.   But he did manage to call the shots with Emma, when he discover they were both attracted to each other.    She gave and he took and took.  Well, until she decided things needed to change.  She came up with some creative things to help that along.  Besides, she had a promise to keep with her dead friend, Blythe.  In order for that to happen, she needed to get a stiffer backbone.  Before she gets that backbone though, the story kind of slowed down for a while for me at least.
Emma was a whole different kind of person from Jonas.  It was easy to like her and the moments that we see that she had shared with Jonas's mom. She had a wide open heart, but was also a pretty successful businesswoman.  The little girl's future that was being decided was called, "Mandy."   She of course added moments of cuteness.  The only thing I found odd about her was her language.  For the most part she spoke about how you would imagine a two year old would.  BUT, there were several different times that I thought here language skills were a bit off.  She spoke like someone older than two.  I found that a little off balance.  
So why did I give it 3.5 Stars on Amazon?  Because of the depth of the twists, turns and surprises as Jonas and Emma start trying to unravel a deep mystery. I felt that I knew that Russell, the missing Bravo baby was alive and who it might be.  Wrong. That was one of the twists I was talking about.  And I liked that the author was able to fool me.
I also liked how the story ended. 







































No comments:

Post a Comment