Thursday, August 31, 2017

BOOK REVIEW- DEL'S CHOICE by Shirleen Davies

Del's Choice (Burnt River Contemporary Western Romance Book 7) by [Davies, Shirleen, River, Burnt]
Delaware “Del” Macklin has made a lot of choices in his life. Becoming a deputy, then sheriff instead of working full-time at the family ranch was a difficult decision…but it had been his to make. The one choice that mattered most was taken from him when the girl he’d fallen for left Burnt River, creating a hole in his life and his heart.

Amy Peterson is on a mission, one leading her back to Burnt River after years away. Certain her mother’s death wasn’t an accident, she refuses to allow threats or intimidation to stop her search for the truth. Encountering Del Macklin, the boy she fell for in school, could either be an answer to her prayers or a distraction she can’t afford.

Finding Amy after all these years is a welcome surprise. Discovering the reason she’s in town, and the danger surrounding her, isn’t. As sheriff, he’s required to follow the law, even if it means sending her to jail. As a man, his protective instincts roar to life, urging him to guard her in every way possible.

As the mystery of her mother’s death unfolds, feelings they’d both ignored when younger come thundering back, complicating a situation already thick with emotion.

Can Amy find the courage to risk her heart for another chance?

Will Del ignore the warnings and seize the choice taken from him years before?  

AMAZON 4.5 stars

I really liked this one.  Interesting main characters with good secondary ones too. Early on, I began to care about the outcome for Del and Amy. The story just flowed. Kull was just one of those good secondary people; he seemed to be The Keeper of Many Secrets.  
The Macklin "boys" each have an interesting story and I was glad to read Del's.  I also am looking forward to the story of the youngest brother, Boone.  I checked Amazon and I didn't see it yet, so I hope one is coming.  
Now onto more about this book.  I enjoyed the fact that Amy and Del had a history of sorts, so it wasn't exactly insta-love.  But they definitely never forgot each other and Del pretty much knew that he loved her.  
Good mystery and danger when it came to digging in the mystery of Amy's mom's death.  That does get resolved but there still is a mystery or two.  So the story can continue without making the reader feeling like they were left hanging.  At least that's how I felt about it. 
I have to add that I have read a few of the stories in the Burnt River Series. I have enjoyed other books by this author as well but this one series is quickly becoming a favorite.


I received a copy of this book and this is my honest thoughts about it. 








No comments:

Post a Comment