Wednesday, July 19, 2023

BOOK REVIEW- His Klutz by Lauren Wood

 

Unexpectedly, she tripped out of thin air, yes. Thin air. Making the tray of mugs spill onto the employees making them screech from the pain of hot coffee meeting their skin.

She was different.

She was a klutz, and I completely understood what that meant. I knew I had to have her. I wanted to hear her scream my name all night and to squirm beneath me.

But I had rules to follow, to keep my heart safe.

She’s innocently dangerous.

She’s a threat to my rules and my heart.

Her baby blue eyes stared at me with innocence and fear, she awoken a beast from within me.

I was going to have her but I was torn.

Should I follow the rules that has kept my heart safe or succumb to the growing feelings I have for Lily?

It was a duel between safe and secure against love and lust.

I was the bad boy in the office and she was the klutz. 

NOT FOUND ON AMAZON SITE

 

For me, I found this book kind of disappointing. The actual idea was a good one but it just didn't fully deliver.  It felt rushed and kind of shallow but I did finish it.  The wording at times felt odd and at times confusing.  I also had to re-read several paragraphs to get any meaning out of it. 

I didn't like Ethan right off the bat, because hey, he's a bully.  Sure, we find out why he's so messed up and he turns some things around so that helped.   I will say Lily was a sweetie who put up with a lot because of her clumsiness.  They do get a happy ending together, so there is that.

I did receive a free copy of this book so that makes me happy because if I'd paid for it I would have been irritated.  Would I give this author another chance?  Maybe.  But not right away. 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment