Saturday, June 24, 2023

BOOK REVIEW- Out of Office (The Twin Find #2) by Ruth Cardello

   

A recluse discovers that what he endured and survived was orchestrated by one evil man. With nothing left to lose, Zachary wakes up and chooses vengeance.

Charlotte Simmons may pretend to be innocent, but everything she has was bought with money made from my suffering.

I intend to uncover her family’s sins and expose them to the world.

Lying about who I am? She doesn’t deserve the truth.

Having sex with her to gain her trust . . . at least I'll make it good for her.

I’m going to rip everything away from her and her family . . .just like her grandfather took everything from me.

And I’m going to enjoy every moment of it.

5 STARS 
Emotional is one sure way to describe this story.  Filled with surprises is another.  
Charlotte what can I say about her?  Except that she was a woman with a big heart that loved fiercely.  Even though it was hard for her to connect at times with some people because she moved so many times as a child.  It left her feeling like everyone she cared for, left her.    She also felt distant from her parents since she refused to keep moving all the time.  She found her happiness and peace where she was.  They didn't feel like they approved of her decisions and felt kind of cold towards her.   So much more to those parts of the story too.
I was surprised by Zachary's unexpected ability with animals.  Who knew that he had that in him? He really did have a lot more to him than you would think at first glance? 
Bruce was a hilarious addition to the story in his goodhearted, naive way of often saying the wrong thing and not realizing it.  That happened especially with Wendy a woman he was so interested in. You couldn't help but not laugh although Charlotte and Zachary managed to not laugh out loud.  Bruce was also such a good friend to Charlotte and had helped her for years with her horses. 
The turmoil in the story is excellent as is the ending which is really a beginning.  What do I mean by that?  The families are getting larger and connected together both by blood and by heart.
Charlotte and Zachary fight their way to their H.E.A. and that much enlarged family that I mentioned.
 
 “I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”

No comments:

Post a Comment